Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tag, Your It!

How to play this game of tag. Post these rules on your blog. List 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random surprising facts about yourself. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names.

JOYS:
#1 My husband- Everything about him makes me so happy. I love what a hard worker he is! He helps me around the house (his chores are moping the floors & cleaning the bathtubs). He does most of the yard work and helps out where ever I need him to. I love to hear him play the piano so I can whistle along to the melody. He is a wonderful father to our kids. I love his tender, service giving heart. He makes me laugh, laugh really hard! I love you Cor.

#2 My Kids-I love everything about being a mother. Well, almost everything. I think I will leave cleaning up diarrhea and vomit out of the carpet out of that. Jackson, Dani, & Kylee mean the world to me. I love Jackson's curious soul. He always has a question for me & sometimes I don't have the answer. Dani is our little princess. She even runs like a princess with her left hand up like she is carrying her dress that she doesn't have on. Kylee is our peacemaker. She will give up just about anything to make her brother or sister happy. I love motherhood.

#3 My Family-I am so blessed to live in the same town as 3 of my sisters, my mom, grandparents, aunts & cousins. I count on my family for everything. Sometimes I think too much. I appreciate all the help they give, weather it be watching our kids or helping out with a project. To Angie, Nat, & Dad who don't live nearby; I love our phone calls & e-mails. I am so happy that I am able to have strong family bonds. To Cory's family-you guys have always treated me like I was part of the family from day one. I love keeping in touch with you.

FEARS:
#1 Mandy's fear is also one of mine. Having Cory's or one of the kids lives get cut short.
#2 Public Speaking. I absolutely hate it!! Testimony meeting? I'll bare it in my heart.
#3 Another one of Mandy's-harming a patient. Wait till you have to call a doc in the middle of the night when you know something is going on with your patient and the doc doesn't want to listen. Then you end up calling him over and over. That happened to me a couple weeks ago. The doc finally came in and transferred the pt. to ICU.

GOALS:
#1 To do a lot of fun activities with my kids this summer.
#2 To work on my patience with my children. It is so hard when they whine, whine, whine!
#3 To attend the temple 6 times this year. Sad to say I have only made it once. We like to use our resources of babysitting when we really need it. I guess you could call attending the temple a need. That's what it should be. Obviously I need to work on this.

OBSESSIONS/COLLECTIONS:
#1 I am obsessed with the TV show Prison Break and can't wait for next season to start!
#2 Diet Dr. Pepper as most of you know.
#3 I hate to read, but I did read the vampire books and I loved them. I can't wait for the movie!

RANDOM SURPRISING FACTS:
#1 I like to play racquetball
#2 I actually like to go to work. I love the people I work with. We have a great team.
#3 Being a nurse you wouldn't think this is true, but I actually gag while cleaning up my kid's vomit. I should say any vomit. I have had to leave a patients room before because of the smell. YUCK!!!

Wow, this is harder than it looks! I tag Vanessa, Jimie, Elizabeth, Rhiannon, anyone else who wants to play.

5 comments:

Cooper Family said...

Mel I love it! You are such a great mom. Your kids are so lucky!!!!

Jess said...

Hey! I'm so glad you found us! I miss seeing you at work. Add us! I'm going to add you.
-Jess:)

K Lovell said...

Cute post Mel! I love to check in and see what is up with you and your fam. Your little tribute to Cory was very sweet. Arent we lucky we got to marry our high school sweeties?

The Farnsworths said...

Your blog is very cute! It's fun to see who area has blogs to share. Your kids are getting so big and your family is adorable!

Vanes said...

Always good to hear about Mels! Looks like your dad is feeling better - even doing some projects! I'm so glad to hear that! The fam looks great! How's work? I miss it - if you can believe that!